If you are like me it is really hard to get out of bed and get going in the morning, especially to eat a good breakfast too. Here is one of my go-to’s for an easy on the go, out the door, breakfast.
Chia pudding with nuts:
- mason jars w/ lids (medium sized)
- honey or agave nectar
- nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
- chia seeds
- Coconut or Almond Milk
- Rolled Oats
- In each mason jar fill 3/4 with Coconut or Almond milk. I make it a little different each time to change it up a bit.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of Chia seeds to each jar.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Honey, agave or preferred sweetener
- Add a few nuts of choice.
- screw on lid and shake well…make sure the chia seeds are not sticking together or to the bottom.
- If you like soft oats…add about 4 tablespoons now or if you like them on the chewier side add them the next morning right before you eat it.
- After you shake each one up good, place in the refrigerator overnight.
Vuala! you have an instant on the go breakfast that fills you up, with good protein, fiber, omega-3’s, and good complex carbohydrates! I just grab one of these and drink it right out of the jar on my way to work. Now is that easy enough or what? Excuses be gone!