Strawberries are in season so this is a great time to make some strawberries n’ cream overnight oats.
The best part of making overnight oats is that it takes the guess work out of trying to figure out what you make in the morning for breakfast. We all know how good for you breakfast is ooor do we? Breakfast is so important because its just that….”break fast” it breaks the fast from the night before. It kick starts your metabolism for the day and helps your body burn more calories. Have you ever skipped breakfast and it feels like you don’t get hungry till after lunch? And on the days that you eat breakfast you are hungry about a hour or so before lunch. Well this happens because it takes energy for you body to break down food. Also it takes more energy to break down foods that are high in protein and fiber that is a great reason to add plenty of fiber rich fruits and vegetables to you diet as well.
If your like me, i like to sleep until I have to leave; I get up, get dressed, and run out the door pretty much every morning. So these oats are a way for me to have something ready to grab and go. I can eat it at work or right before I leave the house. It can be enjoyed cold, right from the fridge or you can pop the glass container in the microwave for a fast warm breakfast. Do me a favor and please never microwave in plastic!
I bought these beautiful strawberries at the farmers market on Saturday and I has eaten almost the whole container by monday morning 🙂 I was enjoying them so much that my kitty (Beladon) had to come investigate.
Nikki’s Strawberries n’ Cream Overnight Oats:
- 1/2 cup strawberries makes 1/4 cup pureed
- 1/2 banana, makes 1/4 cup pureed
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk- I prefer unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbs Chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a dash of stevia or desired sweetener or scoop of vanilla protein powder (pea or egg work best)
- Puree the Strawberries and Banana in blender.
- Combine all ingredients in a glass jar or preferred container, mix well
- Place in fridge overnight (at least 4 hours before you going to eat it)
- Enjoy in morning right from the jar or warm it before eating
Please Like and Share so it will be easy to reference and find on your page 🙂